Hi global studies classes! My apologies for not being able to join you in class today - I am out watching other, more experienced teachers work their classroom magic so that I can become a better teacher myself! Friendly reminder to turn in any missing or outstanding work to Canvas by Friday!
- I can demonstrate an understanding of the connection between physical and human systems.
- I can explain connections between events, issues, problems, and concepts.
- I can communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- I can make connections between human action and the changes taking place in our physical systems using themes, questioning, and evidence from text.
- RAP: To open class students first worked on an entrance ticket, quizzing their knowledge of why we are using themes and inquiry questions to better understand climate change. Students first wrote responses to questions including: What is a theme? Why is it important that you can identify the themes of the text you are reading? Why do we use inquiry questions? What is one inquiry question you have for deepening your understanding of climate change? Students shared and then discussed these questions as a class.
- Main Stage: Equipped with their themes, inquiry questions, and the additional background knowledge from the Proof Positive reading, students then selected three articles from a collection of six to explore and examine. Students needed to complete their graphic organizers for each reading (click here for an electronic version). Students spent most of the period working on these articles.
- Closing: To end class, students then completed a brief reflection exit ticket on Canvas.