Hi all! I loved reading many of your research questions, fantastic work thus far! Many of you are on the right track to succeed, so long as you continue to ask good questions and give your best effort. My goal is to provide everyone with ample opportunities to succeed with your historical investigation research project. Please take advantage of any of the resources I make available, or come see me during tutorial (8th period)!
- I can explain the impacts of nationalism and revolutionary movements.
- I can effectively apply and conduct research.
- I can identify three credible sources for my research
- RAP: Students started class by completing the nationalism quiz. This short quiz allows me to assess your introductory understanding of nationalism so that our plans for the end of the year reflect your needs and interests. This quiz will be included on your upcoming progress reports.
- Main Stage: Next, I introduced students to Parts B and D of the HIRP. I provided students with this graphic organizer, showed students a completed model of Part B, and demonstrated how students can find credible sources using the incredible tools available through BSD (click here to access these through Canvas).
- Closing: Students then spent the remainder of the period searching for sources to use in their HIRP, using their graphic organizers, and began completing their research. I circulated around the room and workshopped with students individually and in small groups to support their work.