Happy Tuesday everyone! As we begin to turn full speed into our final unit of the year, please make sure to complete and submit your historical investigation research project ASAP! Come see me during 7th or 8th period with any and all of your good questions!
- I can explain the impacts of nationalism and revolutionary movements.
- I can identify major themes from past revolutions.
- RAP: Students started class by reviewing one another's Historical Revolution presentations. Here is a link to period 2's presentations, and here is the link to period 4's presentations. Students took notes for at least two revolutions using their revolutionary movement graphic organizers. I asked students to pay close attention to the ideas, causes, and effects of revolutions as they listened to one another's presentations.
- Main Stage: Next, I asked students to consider "what inspires revolutionary movements in history?" Before writing, students built lists of ideas, causes, and effects of revolution based on their notes, own understanding of revolution, and what they learned from their class mates. Using these lists, students in table groups developed set of themes (reoccurring topics or ideas related to revolution).
- Closing: Students ended class by taking their time to write an at least 6-8 line paragraph answering the question, "What inspires revolutionary movements" using the themes and evidence discussed in class. The assignment is posted on Canvas, and is due before Thursday!