Thanks for submitting your completed Basic Principles of Economics projects! I look forward to reviewing them soon. Be sure to complete any outstanding work, especially if you are a senior! I want to make sure everyone completes the class successfully. Please let me know what more I can do to support your learning.
- I can self-direct my learning.
- I can demonstrate an understanding of the role of the U.S. government in the U.S. economy.
- I can consider how the U.S. government influences the U.S. economy through immigration.
- RAP: Today we started a new unit about the role of the government in the U.S. economy. We'll be zooming right through this unit, so be sure to check the blog frequently and complete your assignments as timely as possible. To start our unit, we will be exploring government influence through the topic of immigration. This issue impacts us all, and we all have our own previous experiences with the topic. So to start, I wanted students to have a chance to reflect on what immigration is and is not by completing this immigration myths photo carousel. Students walked around the room recording their thoughts, feelings, and wonderings about each photo and myth.
- Main Stage: To deepen our understanding of immigration, especially the role of the government in regulating and managing immigration, students then assumed the role from this Immigration Status Mixer. Students then walked around the room and met one another while completing a graphic organizer. The goal is to give students a chance to learn about immigration through one another, in an interactive and engaging activity.
- Closing: To end class, students then spent time in groups and individually reflecting on what they learned. Students completed a small group brainstorm, before then completing this reflection assignment to help process their learning.