Welcome back everyone! Here we go, last stretch before the school year ends. Seniors - Be sure to complete any missing or incomplete work ASAP. We will be taking a government influence in the economy quiz next Monday (click here to review the study guide), and then seniors will end their time in our class with a socratic seminar. Both will be your final assessments!
- I can communicate and work effectively within a team or group.
- I can demonstrate an understanding of the role of the U.S. government in the U.S. economy.
- I can distinguish how government agencies influence the U.S. economy.
- RAP: Students spent their first 5-10 minutes in class finalizing their group government influence projects. Students had to conduct research about a specific government agency and explain how the spending and regulations impact the U.S. economy. We also used this time to discuss the race and religious-based attacks at the TriMet MAX station last Friday.
- Main Stage: Students then presented their projects (click here to see some of the presentations). During the presentations, students took notes and drew connections between the agencies and the U.S. economy. Afterward, students completed exit tickets to give me additional insight into their projects and understanding.
- Closing: To end class, students read this article titled "Tax the Rich?" in preparation for a philosophical chairs discussion on Thursday. The purpose here is to introduce students to the debates surrounding government spending, deficits, and priorities.