Four more days left! Be sure to turn in any missing or outstanding assignments ASAP!
- I can communicate and work effectively within a team or group.
- I can explain how International economic systems work in a global economy
- I can describe the potential impacts of NAFTA on my community using evidence from a text.
- RAP: What is NAFTA? We started class by reviewing this question together, identifying any key prior knowledge or background information. I showed students this short clip from the 2016 Presidential Debates and introduced them to this news item about NAFTA being renegotiated.
- Main Stage: To learn more about NAFTA, students began reading from a US-Mexico Free Trade Conference simulation. Students first read through the assigned questions and their assigned roles. After discussing in groups, students then identified the major issues and questions they had about their roles.
- Closing: Students then began working on an internal monologue about their assigned roles, capturing the main issues and questions they have about NAFTA. Students used this graphic organizer to guide their writing. We'll be sharing these internal monologues aloud next class ahead of our NAFTA simulation.