Hi all! Be sure to turn in your Historical Investigation Research Projects ASAP! We'll be exploring the causes and effects of revolutions around the world in the upcoming weeks. I do not want you to fall too far behind if you are still working to complete your HIRP. Come see me during 7th or 8th period if you need specific support!
- I can explain the impacts of nationalism and revolutionary movements.
- I can describe the cause and effects of revolutionary movements using a case study.
- RAP: We began class with a brief quick write about the impact of revolutionary ideas on our lives. I asked students to describe a time when they heard an idea that changed their way of thinking, their actions, or feelings. Students shared their thinking aloud as I introduced the definition of revolution.
- Main Stage: To deepen our understanding of revolution, students closely examined the events surrounding, as well as the causes and effects of, the French Revolution. Using this graphic organizer, students spent time in class reading out of their Modern World History textbooks and identifying the major themes of the revolution.
- Closing: To end class, I assigned each group time to prepare a presentation about another revolution that they will be responsible for sharing in class on Friday. Students had a choice between the Chinese, Indian, Russian, Mexican, Iran/Turkish/Saudi Arabia, and Central America revolutions. Students are not required to work on this at home, but will have time at the beginning of Friday's class to prepare their presentations.