Here we go, the home stretch! Today was an odd day with the senior assembly schedule, but we made the most of it anyway! Next class will be our last day learning about the role of the U.S. government in the U.S. economy. Be sure to complete any outstanding or missing assignments!
- I can communicate and work effectively within a team or group.
- I can demonstrate an understanding of the role of the U.S. government in the U.S. economy.
- I can consider the impact of the U.S. government fiscal policy on the U.S. economy.
- RAP: Students completed an entrance ticket at the beginning of class in response to the following question: How does the U.S. government influence the U.S. economy? Students will use this answer to gauge how their understanding will change between now and the socratic seminar on Friday.
- Main Stage: Next, students joined in their Follow the Money groups (click here to see readings) and reviewed their reading. Then they completed their section of this graphic organizer, and then walked around the room to complete the remaining sections of their graphic organizer. This strategy helps prepare everyone for Friday's socratic seminar, where students will be expected to verbally explain how the U.S. government influences the U.S. economy.
- Closing: Students then returned to their entrance ticket, revisiting the question and answering again in more depth. Students responded to: How does the U.S. government influence the U.S. economy using details from text.