Hi all! We will soon complete our unit examining the basic principles of economics. Be sure to continue to work on your project, "What can a humble ____ tell us about the world?" and study for your upcoming Market Principles of Supply and Demand quiz (click here for the study guide).
- I can self-direct my learning
- I can demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of economics.
- I can use market principles of supply and demand to examine a current event.
- RAP: Students began class in their California Water Crisis groups and reviewed their notes and began preparing for our emergency summit. Each group prepared a 60 second speeches to present to class with their proposal for addressing the water crisis.
- Main Stage: Students spent the bulk of class discussing the California Water Crisis with one another, attempting to negotiate a price that everyone would be willing to pay. The conversation became heated at times, since the price of water means life or death for many in California, especially residents, farm workers, and small farmers. Afterward students spent time reflecting on the summit and their learning.
- Closing: To end class, I gave students this California Water Crisis Market Analysis worksheet to complete in their groups. The purpose of the worksheet is to give students a chance to practice and apply their understanding of supply and demand. This also gave students a chance to model and practice what they'll need to complete for Part C of the project, "what can a humble ____ tell us about the world."