Hi everyone! We will conclude our unit about government influence in the economy next week. We will be having a government influence in the economy quiz next Monday. Click here to review the study guide. Seniors - this is especially important for you. Be sure to complete any outstanding or missing work ASAP.
- I can communicate and work effectively within a team or group.
- I can demonstrate an understanding of the role of the U.S. government in the U.S. economy.
- I can consider the impact of the U.S. government fiscal policy on the U.S. economy.
- RAP: We picked up where we ended class on Tuesday by reviewing this reading about taxation in the U.S. We reviewed the comprehension questions, and then had a brief round of philosophical chairs. Afterward, as a class we developed questions using the AVID "levels of questions" as a guide.
- Main Stage: Next, to begin our exploration of U.S. government's fiscal policy and its impact on our economy, students formed smaller expert groups to read through these readings. Each group is responsible for reading through the selection, then creating a group poster that summarizes the reading, clear explanation of how their aspect of fiscal policy impacts the economy, and 4-5 questions for further inquiry.
- Closing: Students ended class by sharing out their posters and findings from the readings and preparing for the upcoming quiz.