Hi all! Glad to see your energy today as we discussed whether or not the free market principles of supply and demand can solve the water crisis. Thanks for your strong effort! Don't forget, your "What can a humble ____ tell us about the world?" project is due Monday May 8th. We'll also have a Supply and Demand Quiz on May 4th. I'll provide a study guide next week.
- I can self-direct my learning
- I can demonstrate an understanding of the basic principles of economics.
- I can use market principles of supply and demand to examine a current event.
- RAP: To open class, students completed the Circular Flow of Production and Consumption Quiz. Students had to complete this diagram using the correct labels and definitions (in their own words). We'll have our next quiz about the free market principles of supply and demand on Thursday May 4th. I'll provide a study guide next week!
- Main Stage: Next students prepared for the California Water Crisis Emergency Summit. First they read their internal monologues aloud to one another in each group, and then developed proposals for the California State Water Resources Board to consider. Next students met with representatives from other groups to discuss their proposals and build alliances before finally preparing a two minute speech to present their proposal to class.
- Closing: Students presented and discussed their proposals for solving the California Water Crisis, trying to use their understanding of the free market principles of supply and demand to guide their thinking. Afterward, students wrote responses to reflection questions.