- I can communicate and work effectively within a team or group.
- I can demonstrate an understanding of the role of the U.S. government in the U.S. economy.
- I can analyze the impact of U.S. government regulation in the U.S. economy.
- RAP: To open class, students spent time taking brief notes about the role of regulation in the U.S. economy. After defining "economic regulation," we reviewed a brief set of historical examples and made connections back to our understanding of the market and the circular flow of production and consumption.
- Main Stage: We then read this article about Net Neutrality to see a current issue of regulation debate in action. Students read, answered some brief questions, and then discussed how their understanding of regulation was changed or improved through the example.
- Closing: To apply their understanding, students then began working on a Regulatory Analysis of their agency. Students looked up the main laws and regulations that their government agency enforces, identified the purpose of it, and then explained how the regulation may influence behavior in the market.