Happy Monday! Be sure that you complete any missing or outstanding work. My last day of receiving any late work is Monday, JUne 12th. If you are concerned about your grade, or have any questions, please come see me during 7th period or 8th period in my Portable!
- I can communicate and work effectively within a team or group.
- I can demonstrate an understanding of the role of the U.S. government in the U.S. economy.
- I can consider the impact of the U.S. government fiscal policy on the U.S. economy.
- RAP: Students opened class by completing their quiz for the U.S. government's role in the U.S. economy. Students had some time to review their notes before then completing the quiz. Missed the quiz? Come see me ASAP to make it up!
- Main Stage: Students then continued their exploration of U.S. fiscal policy and preparation for their socratic seminars this week. After finishing the questions for their assigned readings (click here to see), students then met in groups and made small posters that summarized their learning. Students summarized the reading, drew connections between their understanding of economics, and developed some inquiry questions. Afterward, students shared their posters and findings with the rest of class and took notes using this graphic organizer.
- Closing: Students ended class by completing an exit ticket, answering one of their inquiry questions and reviewing the ground rules of our upcoming socratic seminar.