Hi all! Happy Friday. Be sure to complete and submit your Basic Principles of Economics projects to Canvas or hand to me in class. This is especially important if you are a senior, since your graduation is fast approaching!
- I can communicate and work effectively within a team or group.
- I can demonstrate an understanding of the role of the U.S. government in the U.S. economy.
- I can consider how the U.S. government influences the U.S. economy through immigration.
- RAP: We started class by revisiting our Immigration Status mixer and reviewing the reflection questions. We are exploring the topic of immigration as a way to better understand how the U.S. government influences the U.S. economy. What better way to do this than explore a topic that is at the top of many people's hearts and minds, as well as a topic that touches on nearly every aspect of our economy.
- Main Stage: To develop a deeper understanding of the way immigration enforcement impacts the economy, students read this current event article from the Associated Press and completed a Making Sense of Economics Current Event Analysis assignment. I used this time to model exactly how students should find their own current event related to their upcoming group projects.
- Closing: Students then selected a government agency to learn more about and eventually complete a project for. I introduced students to the Government Influence Project, which asks them to analyze the impact of a government agency on the U.S. Economy. Detailed instructions will come in future days, but in the meantime students need to select a current event related to their government agency and complete a Making Sense of Economics Current Event Assignment for it. This is due Thursday, May 18th on Canvas.