Hi everyone! We've made it to spring break! I hope you use this time to reflect and recharge. Hopefully this means taking some time to see friends and family as well as well as get caught up with some of the work you may have needed to put off. Don't hesitate to spend this time catching up with any missed work. See blog or Canvas for instructions!
- I can self-direct my learning
- I can demonstrate an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of various economic systems.
- I can present my argument for which economic system is best for the future of the U.S.
- RAP: To open class, students spent time preparing to present their economic systems op-eds with the rest of their classmates. First, they wrote their thesis and main supporting evidence on small poster paper, and then created a 60 second "elevator speech" to share with classmates.
- Main Stage: In a science-fair style gallery, students presented their economic systems arguments to one another. As students shared their work, students observing left sticky notes with appreciations. Too often we do not get a chance to celebrate our work in class, so today was designed to give students a chance to do this.
- Closing: To end class, we held a round of "appreciations and concerns." Periodically I will ask students to reflect on how class is working for them using this procedure. I introduced the procedure, and then we held a round.