Hi everyone! Glad to see you today. Be sure to complete any missing or late work this weekend. Last day I'll accept work is Tuesday, June 13th. Don't hesitate to email me or visit me during my tutorial (8th period) or planning period (7th period).
- I can communicate and work effectively within a team or group.
- I can demonstrate an understanding of the role of the U.S. government in the U.S. economy.
- I can use evidence from text to consider the impacts of the U.S. government fiscal policy on the U.S. economy.
- RAP: Students started class by reflecting and discussing what they learned about U.S. fiscal policy. Using their exit tickets from our previous class, students shared with one another their thinking. Our use of exit tickets served as a bridge from our previous class to today.
- Main Stage: Next, students then listened to and read this NPR article about the Trump Administration's proposed federal budget. This will be the text we start our socratic seminar with. After listening and reading, students then developed questions to use in the socratic seminar.
- Closing: Students then held their socratic seminar, and completed an exit ticket to summarize their learning of the day.